The Big Rock Powwow could be called South Florida’s attempt to have themselves a Woodstock, except that this festival happened three months before Woodstock. Time Sheath explanations are probably not correct: apparently, someone in Florida had an original thought. Shocking.
There’s not much about the festival on the innertubes, and I googled it almost twice, so I feel assured that I am correct in whatever the hell I am saying. There’s a handbill:
You could get your tickets at any Slak Shak for just five bucks, which comes out to $31 today, so you almost couldn’t afford to miss this show: this is some serious value for your South Florida Hippie Dollar.
There’s also a poster:
- Did the Dead hear Darkness, Darkness by the Youngbloods at this show, only to turn it into the rarely-spotted Darkness Jam ?
- Was there one record store in South Florida that didn’t spell their name wrong on purpose?
- Did Edgar Winter frighten Bobby?
- That was the best name you could think up?
- Is the water muddy, or is the water sweet?
- Did Joe South not have anywhere else to go?