As you know, Bobby was at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville this evening to collect an award and sing a song; this is him getting a well-deserved ovation from the crowd. Bobby was inspired by the music and history around him, and has decided to make another record. Instead of the cowboy tunes from his upcoming release Blue Mountain, he has chosen to focus on Country Schlock, that pervasive strain of the genre that’s not quiiiiite a novelty song, but sort of is.
Only TotD can provide you with this exclusive preview of the track listing for Bobby’s upcoming album, Bob Weir: Modern Sounds in Country Music:
- I Met my First Wife at Last Call.
- Drinkin’ and Thinkin’ (But Mostly Drinkin’).
- I Poisoned her Dog Today.
- (Lord, Why am I Always) Hungover in Church.
- I Gave her my Heart, and She Took my House.
- All of my Ex-Wives Live in the Maldives.
- The Whiskey Told me what you been Saying.
- Jesus Still Loves you, But I Hate your Guts.
- Our Favorite Record’s Spinning (And so is the Bar).
- The Grass is Always Greener (In the Spot where she’s Buried).
- Drunk on Easter.
- The Gator that Ate Daddy.