I’ll see you there, right? Highlight of my year: pooping in a Virginia field in September. Sleeping in a tent next to humping strangers, eating while I stand up, Warren Haynes: man, this is gonna be great.
TotD is not particularly fancy. I slept on a couch last month, but it should be noted that it was a leather couch in an AirBnB in a rapidly genritfying neighborhood. My living situation is allowed to be scruffy, but it must be permanent; I will not sleep under a nylon roof. Camping is just not for me.
Jews and camps…
Anyway, if you’re there or going or streaming it or whatever: have a blast, but I will be making love to my air conditioner. I do have some random thoughts, though:
- Fishbone’s still around? Didn’t half of them get thrown in jail for kidnapping the other half?
- Will Robert Plant be not playing Zep songs at the crowd again? Those fuckers at the Grammys rewarded him one time for not playing Zep songs and now all he does is not play Zep songs. Fuck that guy: play Zep songs.
- Did anyone ever answer Robert Plant about the remembering laughter thing?
- No Umphries? What the fuck, man.
- Once again: fucked by Peter Shapiro.
- I think Peter Shapiro’s in love with me the amount he fucks me.
- I mean, the String Cheese Incident is gonna be there, so that’s awesome.
- But, no Umphries.
- Was Billy’s departure and Phil’s arrival worked out between the two camps as to not have them in the same place at the same time?
- Just asking questions, man.
- But, if so: you know Billy put Benjy on the phone to handle it just to be a dick.
- Can you see Jill and Peter Shapiro pushing the phone back and forth at one another?
- “You do it.”
- “This is what you get paid for.”
- “I don’t get paid enough for this.”
- And so on.
- Again: just asking questions.
- Steve Earle is the musical version of The Wire.
- Decipher that how you will.
- WAIT: Billy is playing with Jefferson Airplane on Friday right after Phil!
- Also: Jefferson Airplane sucked. In every incarnation and in every way, and they are celebrating their 50th anniversary in a pasture in Virginia instead of a football stadium.
- They’re not even headlining.
- (Although, this group of musician is so far way from being the actual Jefferson Airplane that it includes G.E. Smith, who is still performing despite having the worst case of Les Palsy known to man.)
- Hey! You got your String Cheese in my Doobie!
- Hey! You got your Doobie in my String Cheese!
- Well, you should probably just throw the results out, as it will surely be terrible.
- Is Michael McDonald even going to be there, or just the guy who looked like he was the lead on WKRP?
- The Oh Hellos, you go to your room and don’t come out until you’ve thought up a good band name.
- You, too, Slightly Stoopid.
- In fact, Slightly Stoopid: go fuck yourself with your deliberately shit band name.
- Put some effort into life.
- Mickey just announced that he would be playing with Bobby on Saturday night, and if Bobby doesn’t play Lost Sailor, I will lose all respect for him