Summer’s here, Enthusiasts, but winter is coming and that can mean only one thing: time for Bobby to get Montezuma’s Revenge again. Mexico! Our hermano to the south; Bizarro Canada; the neighbor no one threatened to move to if Trump got elected. Oh, beautiful Mexico with your proud history that I know absolutely nothing of, and your tacos, which I enjoy, and your music, which if I’m honest I could live without. Who told you a trumpet went with an accordion, Mexico? Did Germany tell you that? What else did Germany tell you, Mexico? Have you and Germany been passing notes again?
Mexican’s not a race.
—incoherent and weird. And racist.
I’ll give you the first two, but hating a foreign culture’s traditional music is natural. I don’t like Canadian traditional music, either.
What is Canadian traditional music?
Just tell everyone about the Mexico shows.
We should crowd-fund a ticket for Sam Cutler and he could do broadcasts from the resort about how awful everything was.
I would chip in a couple bucks for that.
We should get Steve Wozniak to give us a half-million dollars.
Totally. Tell the nice people about Mexico.
Several years ago, a rock band looked out into the audience and thought, “I bet a bunch of these fuckers are rich.” Thus was born the Mexican Resort Run. The Phishes have been doing it for a while, and the legacy acts team to play Classic Rock weekends, and Bobby and Billy went down there last year with Widespread String Cheese or whoever.
Now it’s Dead & Company’s turn to rock the Mayan Riviera at a cautious, stately pace; there are several tiers of accommodations available, but I know that Enthusiasts are only the best kind of people and that demand a certain quality in their surroundings. I would wager that most of you are in tuxedos while you read this. I wouldn’t disgust you by telling you where the poor will be sleeping; I will share with you the specs of the ultra-luxury, super-elite, supposed-to-be-secret package known as the Praetor’s Suite.
In the Mayan language, Makayano means “Of course we’ll dispose of the dead prostitute” and the Makayano Sunkisser Hotel lives up the name with a standard of service unparalleled throughout the world, or at least better than that shithole Hard Rock across the bay.
- Four days and nights at the Mayakano Sunkisser.
- Hand-crafted, carbon-neutral tickets to all three Dead & Company shows.
- Private transportation to and from the shows in literally whatever car you prefer. Just ask. Bentley? Lambo? ’92 Mazda RX7? We’ll make it happen.
- Private jet to and from your local airport.
- Private helicopter to take you from your house to the airport.
- If you like a bellhop, you can take him home.
- Four dinners at our 5-star restaurant, Guy Fieri’s Villa de Flavór.
- All the fucking shrimp you can eat.
- Seriously: if you ask us to, we will feed you shrimp as you sleep.
- Personal security for the shows. (Available: large trained man, or tiny crazy fucker who will tackle strangers to make you laugh.)
- Backstage access.
- Backdoor access (to the bellhops).
Ask about our trips into town to run over locals!