This Super Bowl halftime pipe dream won’t go away: people are now providing us with listicles about why the Dead (Or What’s Left Of ‘Em) should appear at this year’s big game.
In hopes of putting this folly to an end, TotD now presents 10 Reasons Why the Dead Playing the Super Bowl Is a Terrible Idea:
- For fuck’s sake, we still doing this bullshit?
- Just no.
- I mean: c’mon.
- Seriously: come the fuck on.
- How do you so thoroughly miss the point of a band?
- THAT YOU PROFESS TO LOVE?
- The NFL does not pay performers; in fact, the acts cover their own production costs.
- That fact alone is enough to end the discussion, as is the fact that Garcia died twenty years ago.
- Speaking of Garcia: you can get away with many shenanigans while uttering the sacred mantra “It’s what Garcia would have wanted,” but this shenanigan is not one of them; Garcia would not have played the halftime show and we all know it.
- Please just stop with this right now.