Another pic by David Gans, author of the long-time fave Playing in the Band, follows up on the previous pic of Mickey in a schmucky hat to reveal that the hat’s purpose was to cover his freshly shorn skull, which Mickey has shaved for a reason known only to himself and the Lord, and quite frankly, even’s God’s a bit mystified.
Theories abound, however:
- Sexual purposes.
- A drunken, manic Billy had snuck up behind him five or six times that afternoon with a battery-powered clipper and sheared jagged h0les out of his hair; this was the only thing Mickey could do.
- He wanted his head to look more like a drum.
- Took too many sleeping pills, shaved it off in a fugue state, woke up like that.
- Mickey had a side gig impersonating Henry Rollins at children’s parties, bar mitzvahs, and quinceneras.
- Garcia accidentally set his hair on fire.
- Sold his locks to get Billy a chain and fob for his pocket watch. Billy, though, had sold his pocket watch to get Mickey hair care products. And among gift-givers, they are the wisest. They are the drummers.
- Just participated in the largest heist in Frisco history, he can’t leave town for 24 hours, and his picture is in every window. Mickey co-stars with Demi Moore in this summer’s funniest chase movie, San Francisco Blues!
- Just broke up with Kevin Federline and the paparazzi won’t leave him alone.
- Bobby was showing everyone how big a bubble he could blow and you can guess the rest.
- Someone accused him of talking the talk; Mickey needed to prove that he walks the walk.